Intensive Study Programme Bison Hillock
Key dates of the Bucharest Intensive Study Programme
- Time frame: Monday, May 6 to Monday, May 13, 2019
- Travel days:Sunday, May 5 and Tuesday, May 14
- Host: The Bucharest University of Economic Studies (ASE) and Atelier Merci Charity
- Focus Challenge: Waste Management and Circular Economy
- Workshop Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Participants: students and staff members from the Community Learning for Local Change ERASMUS partnership
Why waste is a challenge for Bucharest
- There is a serious lack of an action-driven waste management system for individual consumers
- What do we do now with the used clothing items, paper, glass, the oil used in cooking, batteries, printers, used tires, plastic (bottles)?
- What could we do differently (better) for the environment?
- Too few companies are using circular economy in their business model
- How do we convince more companies to integrate circular economy principles of reduce, reuse, recycle?
- Serious lack of education for adults on waste management (at home, at work)
- How do we convince consumers to reduce, reuse, recycle various items?
The Bucharest Ecosystem of Circular Economy
Focus Topics and Activities
- Exploring Bucharest‘s ecosystem for circular economy
- Focus: Recycling, waste management and circular economy
- Cooperation with social businesses already active in the field of waste management:
- Core question: How to strengthen the capacity of social enterprises based in Bucharest?
- This will start by addressing concrete challenges the social businesses are currently facing