Intensive Study Programme Lahemaa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:00, 23 February 2021 by Efetzer (→Key dates of the Lahemaa Intensive Study Programme 2021)
Key dates of the Lahemaa Intensive Study Programme 2021
- Time frame:
- digital programme from mid March - June 2021.
- On-site workshop might be possible in late summer, according to COVID-19 situation.
- Host: Estonian University of Life Sciences (EMU) and Estonian Social Entreprise Network
- Focus Challenge: Nature based tourism and rural entrepreneurship
- Community and workshop location: Lahemaa National Park and Estonian University of Life Scienes, Estonia
- Participants: students and staff members from the Community Learning for Local Change ERASMUS partnership, villagers from Lahemaa Community
A number of challenges had previously been identified, and the decision was to develop the Lahemaa CIL to address the following fields:
- Lack of occupational opportunities
- High seasonality
- Competition from companies that are based in Tallinn
- Restrictions on land use
- Lack of collaboration, cooperation and partnerships between state, locals and municipalities
- Lack of rural and recreational tourism coordination between different stakeholders
- High dependency on EU projects
- Local entrepreneurs lack a number of skills: online marketing, social media content creation, guiding, law, making their services suitable for different target groups etc.