Assignment 3: Pitching your Innovation Idea (2023)
>>> Back to assignments overview
- Present your pitch with your team during the onsite workshops on May 27
A pitch is very common in the start-up scene. Whenever you have to present your idea in front of customers, investors or other stakeholders, it is called a pitch. The tricky thing about it: You only have a limited amount of time.
Basically, a pitch is presenting your business plan (or the business model canvas) verbally. With the limited amount of time you should be very precise, clear and structured but still deliver a stimulating presentation to get the attention of your audience.
How to pitch within this seminar
- we ask you to pitch your idea within five minutes during the session.
- It is up to you to decide on how you wish to do that. A classical way is to present using PPT slides. But there are also alternative ways for example:
- a role play
- a short video or animation
- pictures of a physical or digital model
- a storyboard
Be creative and take these principles seriously:
- You only have five minutes
- Stick to the essentials: what is the problem, how do you solve it, who benefits?
- Speak without jargon - everybody needs to understand
After the pitch you will get 10 minutes feedback from the audience which is a very important development step in your process. Likewise, make sure you also give feedback to others!