Seminar Minutes and References Session 1, 29th of March 2016
Phase A: Identifying Challenges and Setting Goals A.1 Landscape as the Arena of Challenges
Session date: Tuesday, 29th of March 2016, 16 00 - 17 30 pm CET
- Introduction to the project and the seminar by Dr. Ellen Fetzer, HfWU, Germany
- Thematic input: Landscape as the arena of challenges by Jeroen de Vries, VHL, Netherlands
- Moderated discussion: What motivates social entrepreneurs? with Jeanne Enders, Portland State University, Gus Hagelberg, Reutlingen University, Germany and Jeroen de Vries
- Seminar sequence and assignments
Session slides and recordings
- you can access the slides and recordings on ILIAS (open access)
Next steps for active participants
Assignment 1 - Your local challenge
- Read the detailed description of this assignment
- Upload of your local challenge visual until Monday, 4th of April
- Login details for the wiki have been sent out by e-mail
What is a local challenge?
- Any local problem or risk that affects your society and/or your environment.
- The problem affects specific societal groups or society as a whole, or both.
- The problem is not sufficiently addressed neither by the government nor by ‚traditional‘ businesses.
- You may take the lecture from Jeroen de Vries as an inspiration for the scope of possible challenges. However, your challenge does not have to be landscape-related in the first place.
- check out our resources page
Please add your location to our interactive map, if you have not done so yet:
Our seminar on Facebook
A.2 Defining Social Entrepreneurship
Session date: Tuesday, 5th of April 2016, 16 00 - 17 30 pm CET